IGCSE English Language
The Course follows Edexcel IGCSE English Syllabus: 4EA/01 and 4EA/02. More information about this IGCSE can be found below:
- This is an International GCSE
- Grades achievable 1-9
- Assessment is through 2 written exams
- Exam One (4EA/01 contributes 60% of the qualification
- This exam lasts 2 hours 15 minutes
- Exam 2 (4EA/02) contributes 40% of the qualification
- This exam lasts 1 hour 30 minutes
- Exam date: June and possibly January
Components of study
The course is based on the Anthology produced by Edexcel. You will be guided through the various texts from this and complete related activities throughout. These will help you to develop reading and critical expression. The focus will be on the use of language for purpose and audience and in gaining an understanding of how writers attain the desired impact on the reader/audience. English GCSE is often an entry requirement for many university degree programmes. Achieving a GCSE in English can also improve your job prospects or help you to progress to A Level English study.
Exams: your responsibilities
- Check exam timetables
- Locate an approved exam centre
- Contact the approved exam centre to confirm acceptance of private candidates
- Explain to the exam's officer which exam you wish to be entered for using the course code
- Book your place on the exam and pay the exam fee
- Don't leave it too late to book your place
Whilst we do not arrange your exam for you, we will offer guidance in locating an Approved Exam Centre. We do not accept liability for issues relating to exam entries or charges. Many schools and colleges accept private candidates at their discretion. All the required forms and information relating to the awarding organisation (accept the approved exam centre entry form) can be downloaded from here.
|Enrol on our IGCSE English Course online | 1:1 tutoring | Support from a qualified subject specialist teacher | Certification of your achievements | Fully recognised qualification | Pay in monthly instalments | Enhance career prospects | Study from anywhere | Start anytime | Complete in 6 months | Assessment is through 2 written exams | Enrol now!|
Interest free monthly payment options:
GCSE online study and tutor support is available at a cost of £275.00 each (incl. Vat). Each GCSE or iGCSE can be studied for up to 6 months.
"The tutors were very supportive. The information was very clear and the feedback from the assignments was very helpful."
Environmental Health student
"I got 100% in Speaking, Listening and communication and now I am moving on to study the Access to Nursing Diploma."
English Functional Skills & Access to HE in Nursing Student
"I could not recommend AOLL enough for the help they provided when studying with them! I now have a place at university on a very competitive course due to completing this course!"
Occupational Therapy student